Monday, December 9, 2013

the hazardous golf swing




i never knew a golf swing can be a life hazard. i have a very unorthodox backswing - https://youtu.be/ZMrd913xIPE (although my downswing is ok). in the driving range this old irish guy who i don't even know was pounding my chest so hard shouting "KEEP YOUR LEFT ARM STRAIGHT !!! KEEP YOUR LEFT ARM STRAIGHT !!! YOU WILL NEVER BECOME A GOOD GOLFER IF YOU DON'T KEEP YOUR LEFT ARM STRAIGHT !!!". he freaked the living daylights out of me. at first he was just tapping my chest but it slowly built into a crescendo. his face became red and his eyes looked like he was possesed.  can you imagine if we played? because the way he was hitting the ball i could easily beat him by 20 strokes.


when i was in las vegas one of the teaching pros came up to me and tried to change my swing. she told me my swing is so irritating to look at. since then we play the game of cat and mouse. when the cat is out, the mouse comes out to play. everytime i see her i have to stop practicing or i just do the swing she taught me. i have to keep an eye on her and when she is not looking that is when i practice my dreadfully annoying swing.

shit now i have to find a new driving range where i can practice in peace without anyone wanting to kill me.



when i was in hayward california there was this nationwide tour golfer who just arrived (i forgot his name, but he was filipino-hawaiian). he was very talented and he immediately became close friends with a lot of the regulars in the range. i guess he was good looking based on what i overheard a group of girls were talking about him while i was practicing.

and  you know me i'm the type of guy who although i enjoy being around friends and meeting new  friends i don't really make an effort so when i see him i just say hi and just concentrate on my practice. i saw him everyday and i started to notice he never says hi back to me but he is very social and engaging with other people. but then again i don't really care about these things so i just ignored it.

he became very close buddies with my other buddies in the range - they would go out drinking at night, go partying and play golf with them. one of them was carl go - super nice guy and great friend of mine (he is in my fb). one time while i was practicing in the driving range carl came up to me and told me that he was surprise that while they were hanging out with that hawaiian dude and a bunch of other golfers, the topic of conversation became about me and my weird looking swing. carl was surprised when the hawaiian dude told them  "why do you talk to that guy?" (referring to me). hahahahah !!! what's really amusing to me is that he doesn't even know me. the hawaiian dude was not even my facebook friend. if he was my facebook friend i would understand he would hate me instantly after seeing my facebook posts.

what's really amusing is that a person has difficulty understanding why someone who has a very ugly swing like me would have friends. hahahaha !!! it does makes sense though. why would you hang out with a guy who has a very weird swing?

i understand why golf pros would despise me. my golf swing threatens their livelihood because they are afraid their students might think golf lessons are not important when they see my swing that pretty much violates all the fundamentals of a golf swing and yet my ball just takes off like a fighter jet. i'm not kidding people are always impressed at my ball flight it starts low then it starts to climb up like a jet taking off. it doesn't really go that far it's just a very unique trajectory.

anyway, it's normal and expected that everywhere i go golf pros would not like me, except in the philippines because most golf pros in the philippines have experienced poverty and hardships builds a strong character and it's usually people with strong character that likes my personality and appreciate my unorthodox ways. or maybe they really despise me deep down inside and they just have the delicadeza not to show it. hahahah

(by the way when i posted this in facebook my very cool golfing buddy ben bruno who was also the hawaiian dude's golfing buddy sympathized with me. cool :-)

(for more of my knowledge bombs, click the "ian's knowledge bombs" banner at the top of this article and choose any article in the table of contents that piques your interest)


No comments:

Post a Comment