Friday, May 8, 2015

ian and steph curry




youtube link: https://youtu.be/d1coOIdJU-8

steph curry is the best player in the planet right now and arguably the most skillful in history. i notice his mannerisms are eeringly similar to mine so i dug out my old blurry videos from the grave and compiled this funny video. you might think my mannerism is common to many ballers but if you go watch street bbal or nba you never see players do these warm up dribbling drills that steph and i do. farewell to michael jordan – nike empire. say hello to stephen curry – under armour empire

6/5/15 fb post

you know why it is very difficult to defend someone like me who is not that athletic or gifted? just like steph curry or steve nash who became mpv's despite their size disadvantage? it's simple physics. check out 1:04 and 2:41 of this video. my defender has to respect my 3 point ability because they know i’m deadly behind the 3 point arc. so he bolts towards me as i fake a 3 point attempt. then i slash to the basket leaving my defender flat footed. no matter how quick or athletic my defender is, he is running in the opposite direction so it takes more time for him to stop and change direction. if my defender chooses to stop my drives by falling back, then i will just burn him with 3 point bombs all day long, as you can see in 3:00 of this video. all the defender can do is clap his hands hoping it will distract me. so the question now is, why won’t the defender just stay in the 3 point line? because as you see in 5:38 of this video, it would be very easy for me to cut through him and get an assist for an easy lay up. that’s because he is facing away from the basket so by the time he turns around to chase me it is already too late. there was this one time, a dude actually twisted his ankle trying to defend me. then he started spewing expletives at me saying i’m so annoying to defend.

5/23/15 fb post

steph curry just set a playoff 3-point record. i actually know how he feels i've had games where every ball i toss just goes in even if i'm almost lying on the ground trying to fade away from a triple team behind the 3 point line. curry scored 40 points today but on that game mass vs. sam-up (inter academic org game in college) we were huge underdogs i scored 50+ points to win. it was miraculous. i remember baker hall was so loud from all the screaming. the other team had a varsity standout. he is actually one of my fb friends his name is romel simangan - one of the best players in the university varsity squad. i am not a talented or gifted athlete but if you want to be good at basketball, just watch this video of me and steph curry doing practice drills.

then in another game after that we played against genesoc which had 4 varsity players and we won again. the varsity players would try to double team and sometimes triple team me and they just can't stop me. the next day everywhere i go in the campus people came up to me with disbelief and  shock saying "hanep chong. tinalo nyo daw ang genesoc? (i heard you beat genesoc? that's unbelievable).  that's when i got invited to join the varsity squad. i was so proud to wear that varsity jersey around campus. i was a dean's lister in academics taking a tough computer science course and a varsity player. very rare combination.

my specialty as a player is 3 pointers and driving to the basket but in the varsity squad my coach (who is also my facebook friend) assigned me to be like a shaquille o'neal or deandre jordan or dennis rodman or  an anthony mason even if i'm only 5'10 and very skinny and weak. my job was to guard big centers. so of course my coach never stopped yelling at me because i suddenly became the worst player in the history of basketball. that's what happens when you teach a fish to climb a tree.

(more of my videos and pictures at https://ian-crystal.blogspot.com/2017/04/knowledge-bomb-on-self-esteem.html

(for more of my knowledge bombs, click the "ian's knowledge bombs" banner at the top of this article and choose any article in the table of contents that piques your interest)


No comments:

Post a Comment