Saturday, April 1, 2017

knowledge bomb on medications

update on 9/21/17:

bingo !!! i found out the trigger for my migraine is heat and humidity. but my greatest discovery is the natural remedy - pineapple !!!i found this out by accident. my mom bought some pineapples and whenever i ate them i noticed my migraine would subside. so i did some research turns out the core of the pineapple contains bromelain - a natural pain killer. pineapple is also anti-inflammatory. fortunately for me, pineapple is very abundant in the philippines and if i'm lazy to buy and peel the fruit, pure natural pineapple juice in can is also cheap and abundant in the philippines.

-----------------------------------------------
original post:

today my migraine subsided but this happened a few days ago and it came back with a vengeance. i took medicine just once 2 weeks ago to see if it works. it did work the pain went away for a day. but i want to fight this battle as long as it takes without any pain killer because i’m afraid i might become drug dependent. besides, i'm hopeful this is just an isolated incident because i'm 46 yeas old and this is only the first time i'm experiencing a migraine. medications scare me because i notice with my aunts and uncles who started taking medications they became nuts. i’m also afraid i might lose my wisdom, creativity, patience and perseverance to help my babygirls. i’m afraid i might become “normal” or “mainstream” and my problem solving skills will be “standard”. not to mention it could destroy my kidneys and cause intestinal bleeding. so i only take medicine to cure an illness or to save my life. i will first find the trigger and natural relief of my migraine through experiments and trial and error and avoid the trigger. no offense to my super amazing friends and family who easily takes pain medicine or drinks alcohol or smoke. we are just different and i know it’s our diversity that makes our world beautiful. but of course if my migraine severely lowers my quality of life and if i can't find out the prevention  and natural relief then i will take pain medication.

(btw i had an MRI and everything was fine)

my doctor prescribed me 3 kind of medication - 1 for sinus, i'm sure the other one was a pain killer, and i don't know what the other one was for. i did not take any of them. but first i made sure with the doctor that there was nothing seriously wrong with me and that the medications were just a relief. am i trying to be smarter than the doctor? of course not. the doctor's job is to stop my pain. it's up to me to decide whether to choose between the pain and the potential side effects and dangers of medications.


(for more of my knowledge bombs, click the "ian's knowledge bombs" banner at the top of this article and choose any article in the table of contents that piques your interest)

No comments:

Post a Comment