Friday, October 26, 2018

farewell lablab




just came from the morgue. my tears and sorrow were mixed with admiration at the strength and fortitude of my babygirl lablab's parents, as they bid farewell to their beautiful and amazing daughter who died this morning from a motorcycle accident in SRP talisay. if that was me i'll probably go crazy and end up in the mental hospital, but her parents still maintained incredible calm, resilience and grace, with tears rolling down their face, occassionally touching their daughter's severely battered face. i'm in a state of shock and sadness and have no appetite to eat yet my babygirl's parents still managed to finish the chicken nuggets and rice i bought for them. so at least it's a good sign my lablab's parents are holding up well. miraculously her 2 month old baby, who is my godson, escaped with just a leg fracture. her husband who was driving the motorcycle is now in stable condition at the hospital.

i wish cebu city has a 40kph speed limit similar to davao. police said my lablab was dragged 60 meters, which means the van must have been going very fast. my lablab was still alive and hugging her baby when the paramedics arrived. that means she did everything to protect her baby right to the end. i'm so proud of her.

i looked at the pictures and the dent was right in the middle of the van's front, which means it was more likely caused by overspeeding and not the usual side sweep as a result of poor depth perception or space miscalculation when a car passes by a pedestrian or another vehicle

i was so proud of my lablab, who became a call center agent, got married to an amazing guy, an electrician. she was so happy when her baby was born. at the christening party just 2 weeks ago, it was such a joy for me to see her very happy, joking and laughing the entire party, as i enjoyed her very delicious fried lumpia specialty. that's all i want for my babygirls - to live a decent and normal life, be it a domestic helper or a simple house wife living in the slums because i know material things and luxury are really not important. https://ian-crystal.blogspot.com/2018/08/knowledge-bombs-on-marijuana-and-foster-care.html, https://ian-crystal.blogspot.com/2018/03/easter-sunday-message.html

she still called me lablab even after she was married. her husband is very cool, hardworking, and has a very stable job. i talked to him during the christening party asking advice on the best way to install a 30amp shower heater on my parent's condo in manila, considering all the circuit breakers in the panelboard are only 15 amp.

i was awoken about 10 am this morning from the non stop buzzing of my phone. when i saw the 20 missed calls came from my lablab's 11 year old neice i ignored it. i thought lablab's 11 year old niece was calling to nag me again about taking her snorkling because at the christening party she won't stop hitting me and nagging me about taking her snorkling.  i felt sleepy so i went home. that's the last time i saw my lablab until today. even if her face is full of wounds, she still had that very charming smile that always gives me butterflies in my stomach.

the irony of it all is that i'm actually in the process of writing a blog about motorcycle safety. i have so many valuable info and techniques on motorcycle safety that most people are not aware of. it's not yet done but here's the link - https://ian-crystal.blogspot.com/2018/10/road-safety-knowledge-bombs.html. i also wrote a blog 5 years ago about safe driving - https://ian-crystal.blogspot.com/2013/12/paul-walker-was-hot.html (and the irony of this is she had a huge huge crush on paul walker and we used to watch fast n furious movies on imax together).

FAREWELL LABLAB. THANKS FOR ALL THE FUN AND HAPPINESS WE SHARED TOGETHER.

(for more of my knowledge bombs, click the "ian's knowledge bombs" banner at the top of this article and choose any article in the table of contents that piques your interest)

No comments:

Post a Comment